Tuesday 14 December 2010

Odin

I remember posting last year about our boy Odin, as we awaited the birth of my nephew we all wondered how he'd go with a bubby in the house.. Odi LOVES babies, but would fret for them quite pathetically! If one was upset he'd get very unimpressed with you very quick if you didn't get to them right away! I remember one night, as my newborn diva cried for her milk, he barked at me, sooked at me, sooked at her and then clawed at the porta cot trying to 'rescue' her from her distress! He was a beautiful soul, having cups of tea with mum (out of a cup mind you!) always happy to see you, if you didn't say hello to him AS SOON as you got there, he'd let out a bark to let you know you'd forgotten him and then snub you when you finally went in to say hello. His best mate is the cat Hamish, which I do remember posting about too.
Unfortunately today we had to say goodbye to our boy Odin, 11 years old and still a beautiful soul, just not alot of quality life left.. He had resorted to living in the garage, not really interested in life, his hips had grown weak and moving unnesseccarily was just not on! Yesterday we went to spend some time with him, he was super happy to see the kids, and they were super happy to see him too! I made this video in tribute to the old man (lol) I hope you enjoy! He will be sorely missed in this family, like I said to the kids yesterday, he's been in my life longer then daddy, and you guys, so he's pretty special! Anyway here's the video xx

Odin, 1999-2010

No comments: